Our Timber Windows
Whatever type of property you own, from a townhouse to a new build to a character cottage, wood effect makes an excellent choice for your window frames. And, thanks to advances in modern technology, these models now look and perform better than ever.
Clearly, whatever type of window you choose, it will depend on the style of property involved. While more traditional properties can be enhanced with bar details including Victorian or cottagey styles, if you’re lucky enough to live in a conservation area, you will often need to replace windows with models that look similar to the originals.
Benefits of Timber Windows
Most architects are pretty keen on timber windows because of their feel-good factor. There are other advantages, too – after all, timber has been used in our homes for thousands of years.
The key benefits include natural wood’s gorgeous appearance, alongside its durability, sustainability and insulating properties. Wood really is one of nature’s masterpieces! Now you can enjoy all these benefits with timber uPVC – the look of real wood without the upkeep that genuine timber often demands.
We use the FlushSash solution, designed to look like traditional stained or painted wood while offering modern performance. So there’s no need to worry about damp or draughts. It’s one of the newest solutions to come from one of Britain’s leading suppliers of modern, weatherproof uPVC systems.
However exposed the location, whatever the weather, your home will keep draughts and rain well at bay. Here are just some of the features offered:
- Sits flush within the window frame for a classic, understated elegance
- A five-chamber internal construction enhances energy efficiency – and ensures great structural strength
- Ideal for homes in conservation areas, where an authentic appearance is essential
- Outstanding thermal and acoustic performance – no condensation
- Maintenance is limited to an occasional wipe with a damp cloth – these windows never need repainting and won’t sand, rot, split or swell
- A choice of double or triple glazing to provide an excellent thermal barrier
- Secure multipoint locking and industry-leading hardware on all models
- The system meets or exceeds all British Standards and holds the relevant accreditations for all aspects of weatherproofing and security
- Can be specified in bespoke sizes so they suit your own windows
- Georgian bar detailing is an option – for the lattice-style appearance of historic properties
- Comes in 19 colours – one is bound to suit your home! Choose different finishes for inside and outside
- Optional heritage details such as ‘monkey tail’ handles for a truly authentic appearance
Why choose Isis Windows?
Isis has been offering a fantastic range of windows and doors to customers in Oxford and Oxfordshire for more than 20 years, with products and service standards consistently far exceeding standard industry guarantees.
- Local: We’re right up your street!
- Free estimates: We won’t give the hard sell
- FENSA-accredited: The Fenestration Self-Assessment scheme was established by the industry with government approval in response to building regulations. It means we meet all existing thermal performance standards, giving you total peace of mind and confidence in our products.
- Our track record of excellent customer service comes from an independent Installation Quality Survey
- All installations are underwritten for 10 years by GGFi (Glass and Glazing Federation Insurance)
Our professional approach and high levels of service means we’ve had thousands of happy customers and countless personal recommendations over the years.
Take the next step
Take the first step to a safer, warmer, better-looking home today:
- Learn more about the potential options before deciding which one could work best for you. Download our brochure outlining the options in more detail below.
- Book yourself an initial consultation. One of the team will be pleased to visit your home for a chat about the various options without any hard sell, charge or obligation.
- Drop us a message or telephone 01869 343434 – we’ll be pleased to answer any questions that you have.