Beautiful Flush Sash Windows
If you own a character cottage or your home is grade-listed or in a conservation area, flush sash windows make an excellent choice for your window frames. And, thanks to advances in modern technology, these models now look and perform better than ever whilst looking indistinguishable from traditional timber frames with all the benefits of uPVC.
Clearly, whatever type of window you choose will depend on the style of the property involved. While more traditional properties can be enhanced with bar details including Victorian or cottagey styles, if you’re lucky enough to live in a conservation area, you will often need to replace windows with models that look similar to the originals.
Benefits of Flush Sash Windows
Flush sash windows both add and retain character whilst looking near to identical to timber windows. Most architects are pretty keen on timber windows because of their feel-good factor, whilst they are often a staple product on period properties.
However, unlike traditional timber windows, flush sash windows are much stronger, sturdier and provide many benefits from insulating your home, enhanced safety and much better durability.
They can have a natural woodgrain finish, a smooth painted finish or a painted woodgrain finish to match your home.
Flush Sash UPVC Timber Effect Windows
We use the FlushSash solution, designed to look like traditional stained or painted wood while offering modern performance. So there’s no need to worry about damp or draughts. It’s one of the newest solutions to come from one of Britain’s leading suppliers of modern, weatherproof uPVC systems.
However exposed the location, whatever the weather, your home will keep draughts and rain well at bay. Here are just some of the features offered:
- Sits flush within the window frame for a classic, understated elegance
- A five-chamber internal construction enhances energy efficiency – and ensures great structural strength
- Ideal for homes in conservation areas, where an authentic appearance is essential
- Outstanding thermal and acoustic performance – no condensation
- Maintenance is limited to an occasional wipe with a damp cloth – these windows never need repainting and won’t sand, rot, split or swell
- A choice of double or triple glazing to provide an excellent thermal barrier
- Secure multipoint locking and industry-leading hardware on all models
- The system meets or exceeds all British Standards and holds the relevant accreditations for all aspects of weatherproofing and security
- Can be specified in bespoke sizes so they suit your own windows
- Georgian bar detailing is an option – for the lattice-style appearance of historic properties
- Comes in 19 colours – one is bound to suit your home! Choose different finishes for inside and outside
- Optional heritage details such as ‘monkey tail’ handles for a truly authentic appearance
Take the next step
Take the first step to a safer, warmer, better-looking home today:
- Learn more about the potential options before deciding which one could work best for you. Download our brochure outlining the options in more detail below.
- Book yourself an initial consultation. One of the team will be pleased to visit your home for a chat about the various options without any hard sell, charge or obligation.
- Drop us a message or telephone 01869 343434 – we’ll be pleased to answer any questions that you have.